Who qualifies for assistance?
- Live within city limits of Springfield, MO
- Submit an application for services in person or online at www.pawspetpantry.org
Provide Proof of Need, such as:
- Current EBT Card & Letter of Eligibility
- Proof of Income
- Proof of SSI/Disability Benefits
What services do you provide?
My pet needs vetting - can you help?
- Provide emergency veterinary funding (we recommend the Killuminati Foundation)
- Provide funding toward cosmetic or elective surgeries (ear cropping, de-clawing, etc.) or any veterinary work that is not basic preventative and wellness care
- Give rabies vaccinations
- Sign paperwork requiring veterinary authorization
- Provide wellness exams or health certificates
When and where are services provided?
Do I need to bring my pet to receive services?
I don’t have transportation. Can you deliver?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide delivery services – while we did deliveries for a brief period of time when we first started, it has since become a safety concern, and we simply don’t have the manpower. If you are unable to attend our weekly Outreach services personally you are more than welcome to appoint a friend, family member, or other party that is approved to pick up your items for you.
How often can I attend Outreach, and what can I get each time?
I sent in an online application - when will I be approved?
Applications are overseen by our volunteer Outreach Coordinators. They are awesome individuals who donate their time to the cause, and while we do try to reply as quickly as possible, it may be a few days before they can get to your application due to their school, work, and family schedules. Please be patient, and rest assured that we will get back to you before the next Outreach is held so that you won’t miss the soonest opportunity for services if approved.
Once I’m approved, am I in the program for life?
I tried to call, but no one answered - did I get the right number?
If you called the number listed here on our website (417 – 501 – 6416 ), you’ve got us! Because we’re completely volunteer-based, we can’t guarantee that there’s always someone to answer the phone. PLEASE leave us a detailed message. We get dozens of calls a day, and it gets tricky to reply when we only have lists of numbers without messages – it’s difficult to know who has called who! If you leave a message, we WILL call you back. We have a nifty Google Voice line that notifies us all when we have a voicemail, and the next available volunteer will get back to you as quickly as possible. Be on the lookout – because we call back using this line, our number will come up as a blocked call.